Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Names & Old Clothes

Friday, March 7th I visited the class for a few minutes. Students introduced themselves adding details that would help me learn their names quickly. Classmates often added the most memorable details. I asked the students to bring in an old item of clothing, something outgrown physically or emotionally or simply too worn out to wear. I've also enlisted my friends to gather more clothing.

When we meet for our first full class tomorrow, we will use this clothing to begin our discussion of growth and change, launching our collaborative project, Metamorphosis (working title).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of creating something that show humans "sheding their skin" and I think we should try to do something like that for our prroject

Denise Driscoll said...

Hi Marissa
Today we can talk about what we might be shedding, and also, what will we discover underneath that old skin? Is it frightening, beautiful, new, ancient?

See you in class!